Saturday, May 21, 2005

Wasn't this in a Mad Max movie?

Nickie Goomba has returned, and it's due to him that I found this article from the BBC.


Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight


Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion



Twenty-eight midgets dead, fourteen severely mauled. This was in the BBC, so it has to be for real, right?

I can't even get my head around this. There is (or was) a Cambodian Midget Fighting League and I wasn't notified? They fought a /lion/? I guess it was on ESPN 8 "The Ocho".

This was one of those stories I had to read to my wife. Now the thing to remember is, she's the straight man in our little comedy duo. I'm still staring at the screen, wondering things like, "Did they get sticks or spears to go up against the lion." And she says, "There's no way there were forty-two midgets in Cambodia."