Thursday, May 19, 2005

American Blogger

I'm addicted to American Idol. It happened this season. Tonight, watching the worst performers of all time, I realized that America needs a blogger version of the competition.

We need a panel of writers: William F. Buckley, Jonah Goldberg, and, oh, maybe P.J. O'Rourke. In round one, bloggers get 800 characters. Judges render decisions within 30 seconds: pass or fail.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. (5 points to whoever can name the movie.)

Geez, this started as a joke, but I couldn't find a punch line. Maybe it's the beer, but I'm starting to like the idea. Response rounds. Assigned blogging rounds. Theme rounds. "Do you like string?" "Will the world end in the morning or afternoon, and why?"

Thoughts?